Southern Virginia Technology Park
165-acre park focused on IT, energy, biotechnology, telecommunications, and technical manufacturing
Pad ready sites are available.
View or download a pdf of Southern Virginia Technology Park's Overall Layout.
Southern Virginia Technology Park has available office, lab, and technical manufacturing space for lease and commons areas including conferencing space, an exercise facility, and a corporate board room; the building is 67,000 square feet and is class “A” space for small information technology, technical manufacturing, and biomedical companies. Current tenants include the Industrial Development Authority of Halifax County, Mid-Atlantic Broadband Communities Corporation, Faneuil Inc. (operates a call center for Dominion Virginia Power), Southern Virginia Product Advancement Center, and the National Center for Coatings Application Research and Education.
Building Two houses call centers for the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and the Virginia Employment Commission.
- Broadband wireless, DS3, DSL, and other services provided by several carriers and companies
- Underground power provided by Dominion Power
- 8” gravity sewer provided by Town of South Boston
- 12” water provided by Town of South Boston
- “Protective” covenants in place
- Commons areas for Park in Building One include: Conferencing space, exercise facility, and corporate board room
- Within 60 miles of 20 institutions of higher learning including the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center in South Boston
Virginia Enterprise Zone
Job Grants up to $1000 per job for 3 years
10-year Income Tax Credits
Real Property Improvement Credits
Five-year rebate of local utility taxes
Waiver of building permit fees
Waiver of sewer initiation fees
Up to five-year waiver of business license charges
Technology Opportunity Fund
$250 per job for five years
Special low tax rates for research and development, biotechnology, and semiconductor manufacturing
Accelerated depreciation on tangible personal property used in the provision of Internet Services and computer hardware used by businesses primarily engaged in providing data processing services to other nonrelated or affiliated businesses.